new green building in the mission: valencia street
Sustainable building, or green construction, minimizes the harmful effects on human health and the environment. Our work attempts to safeguard air, water, and the earth by choosing eco-friendly building materials and construction practices. This kind of building is resource-efficient and absolutely environmentally responsible all throughout the building's life-cycle.
Our latest project on Valencia Street follows our guidelines and mission for green design. We are assisting with the remodeling a building at Valencia and 18th Street by adding many new features that will remain self-sufficient for years to come. These features include the following characteristics:
• New ventilation systems designed for efficient heating and cooling
• Energy-efficient lighting and appliances
• Water-saving plumbing fixtures
• Landscapes planned to maximize passive solar energy
• Minimal harm to the natural habitat
• Alternate power sources (solar power or wind power)
We are proud to be a part of this project. Projection for completion is estimated in 2016.
remodeling the western addition: geary blvd
Green building is a matter of eco-friendly behavior and this expands to utility, comfort, durability, and economy. We have been working on such concerns at Geary Blvd in the Western Addition.
We are reconstructing this building to reduce waste and to make the building more energy efficient. We are conserving and restoring natural resources that were present in the previous building. Waste is reduced, and the landscape is improving air quality.
Not all buildings can go green and this one has been a challenge due to location and age, A few features for this project include:
• Non-synthetic, non-toxic materials
• Locally-obtained woods and stone
• Responsibly-harvested woods
• Adaptive reuse of older buildings
• Use of recycled architectural salvage
• Efficient use of space
Completion of this project is estimated to occur in 2017.